Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quick update:


This sleepy lil pilgrim town is treating me well, and I will move to the island from the mainland today to go to this Ashram in Omkareshwar for a week, before catching a train to Mumbai for my last days there. Is it really almost over? I'm well within budget, which surprised me because I thought I really was not, so looks like I can do some shopping in Mumbai.

I'm about to attempt my first online train booking via credit card. I hope it will make me feel in the future that I can really do independent travel booking, without what seems like the obligatory dependence on travel agents here.
... It seems to be going in the right direction, so i guess i'll be on my way.

Unrelated (directly):
Where I try to write affects greatly what and how I write. Sitting in random internet places, for example this one, out on the busy (for this very small town) main street, with folks chatting and the deepfryer from the snack shop next door pouring heat on me, I really don't feel like writing on my experience. Or rather, I don't want to write about the experiences I WANT to write about. you can hear about the crazy streets and net cafe's all you want, but I imagine that's little.

Next time, I go italian style and bring a very small notebook computer.

UPDATE: I did it, booked my ticket online! Phew. I feel like a real traveller now...

No comments:

Post a Comment